How and Where to Share Your Data
- Store data securely for the long-term and make datasets available in an easily accessible form
- Ensure that metadata records for all datasets adequately describe the datasets and are made available for public searching
- Maintain confidentiality of data during embargo periods (if it allows researchers to use embargoes)
- Facilitate the data custodian's right to be cited as the source of the published data
- Assist scientists to develop data management plans
SOOS has a metadata portal through NASA's Common Metadata Directory (CMR) to share metadata records from data repositories all over the world. If your chosen data repository already publishes its metadata records to the CMR, then there's nothing else for you to do. Your record will be automatically picked up by the SOOS portal. If your data repository does not share their metadata records with the CMR, then you can write your own metadata record, using the CMR Draft Metadata Management Tool dMMT.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!