SOOS Regional Working Groups
- Co-ordinate and implement the observing system in their region, bringing together efforts in planning, logistics and resources, through to data management and access.
- Work with circumpolar observing programs and projects to ensure coverage, facilitate logistics and resource sharing.
Existing Regional Working Groups
- Amundsen and Bellingshausen Sector (ABS)
- Ross Sea (Ross)
- Southern Ocean Indian Sector (SOIS)
- West Antarctic Peninsula and Scotia Arc (WAPSA)
- Weddell Sea and Dronning Maud Land (WSDML)
SOOS Regional Working Groups are open to anyone interested to be involved. The Terms of Participation for Regional Working Group leadership and membership is available here.
Download Regional Working Group mapping data
Download the shapefile of the RWG boundaries.
Download the shapefile of sub-region boundaries within the RWGs.