The success of the SOOS ultimately depends on the active involvement of researchers, data managers, institutes and programmes from around the world. There are many components of the SOOS community:
- Subscribers: Subscribers are individual researchers who subscribe to SOOS. Click to join, change your profile, or search the database for subscribers' and their research interests.
- Endorsed Projects/Programmes: The SOOS endorses both individual research projects and large international programmes. Click to apply for SOOS endorsement, or to view currently endorsed projects.
- Scientific Steering Committee: The SSC provide the SOOS with scientific direction and leadership. Click for more information on the current membership, nomination process, or membership history.
- National Representatives: Representatives from countries not represented in the SSC have the option of having National Representatives. Click for more information on current national representatives, and how to nominate a representative for your country.
- International Project Office: The SOOS IPO is the central hub of the SOOS effort. Click for more IPO information.
- Sponsors and Endorsers: The SOOS is sponsored and endorsed by a number of international programmes. Click to see SOOS Sponsors and Endorsers.
- Sister Communities: There are many international/national programmes carrying out SOOS-relevant activities. Click here for a comprehensive list of SOOS connections.
Image Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net