Scientific Steering Committee
The SOOS Scientific Steering Committee has 4 membership types:
- Executive Committee members (2 x Co-chairs; 2 x Vice Chairs; Executive Officer)
- Scientific Members
- SOOS Data Management sub-Committee (DMSC) Co-Chairs
- Ex-officio representatives (Sponsor representatives, Regional Working Group Co-Chairs)
The EXCOM and Scientific Members are elected to the position by SCAR and SCOR, based on individual merit. Data Management sub-Committee (DMSC) Co-Chairs and Ex-officio Members sit on the Scientific Steering Committee as nominated by their respective communities.
Data Management sub-Committee (DMSC) Co-Chairs
SOOS activities are overseen by the international SOOS Scientific Steering Committee (SSC). The SSC meets annually and provides scientific direction for the SOOS towards achieving its mission. The SSC comprises 4 organisational levels: The Executive Committee (Co-Chairs, Vice Chairs and Executive Officer), Scientific Members, Data Management sub-Committee (DMSC) Co-Chairs, and Ex-officio representatives.
- A completed Nominee Details form
- Nomination letter (if not self-nominated)
- A support letter from a 3rd party
- A letter of intent by the nominee highlighting their interest in and intended contribution to SOOS
- CV (6 pages maximum)