This workshop is designed to advance, expand and accelerate the participation of fishing vessels in the collection and sharing of ocean and atmospheric data by:
- Presenting ocean industry data gathering experience to date that is relevant to fisheries.
- Identifying constraints and opportunities for expanding use of fishing vessels in data collection.
- Seeing how the fishing industry can learn from/collaborate with other ocean industries in collecting and sharing data.
- Highlighting the technology and instrumentation available for use on fishing vessels.
- Identifying the scientific priorities for fishing industry data collection, e.g. data types, locations.
Go to the workshop website for more information.